How to apply your Curology formula
Wondering how to apply your Curology formula?
- Apply your formula in the evening (Curology works while you sleep)
- Apply a thin layer of your medication to your face (and neck, if applicable) with your fingertips, and rub in gently. Use just enough to cover the areas you need (using more than recommended can cause irritation and slow your progress!)
If you’re using Curology’s dark spot formula, follow these tips instead:
- Apply your dark spot formula twice a day—morning and night
- Use your fingertips or a cotton swab to apply formula only to the affected areas. In general, fingertips are best for clusters of dark spots or larger patches of hyperpigmentation, while cotton swabs work well if you have just a few small dark spots.
- Apply sunscreen (with at least SPF 50) whenever you go outside. Dark spots get worse the more they’re exposed to the sun, and even a little bit of sun exposure can cancel out the effects of your formula.
Most Curology formulas should be used every night (and morning, if you have the dark spot formula). Follow your Curology provider’s instructions to help minimize any potential irritation. If you do experience irritation, you can check out our tips here or reach out to your provider—they’ll be happy to help!